Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A is for Apple, Anxiety, Africa

Driving back from Grabouw - the tranquil apple farming valley nestled quietly between mountains that can only be so savagely romantic as to be undeniably South African. (Yip, I'll always be the passionate little soutie drama queen *wink*) I've made absolutely bloody sure to save this as a draft as I go along after my blogging disaster on Sunday... (I typed up what I felt to be one of my most heartfelt pieces ever - and it simply vanished into thin air as I saw Melanie waiting for me in their driveway: AAARGH!!!) My folks drove me from Durbanville to Grabouw for me to see one of my most precious friends 'for one last time': and the bittersweet anxiety of my heart at a): the sweet: finally being together on our home soil after 7 years of what we thought surely an impossible fantasy and... b)the bitter: that it was only the most temporary of realities: Melanie and her little family are merely in a soutie-transit between the UK and Sydney Australia... (My Blackberry battery's running low... So better say ciao from my heartsore little plekkie in Mel's mom's bakkie as she drives me away back to Durbanville...) More later x

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Lisa - you are sooo amazing to type up such a beautiful little storm on your blackberry, especially in the back of a bakkie. I would feel soo sick! Your writing talents are soo immense, as are your other talents. I hold you to your oath!
Love you and miss you already,
xxx
Angel