Friday, April 15, 2011

A Domestic Affair

Bellville Home Affairs - being chilled to the bone on an already frosty Cape autumn day by an aircon on steroids! Arrived at 8.53am, got parking in a cinch (getting to proudly watch a brisk and efficient municipal team of street cleaners finishing up from what must have been a VERY early start to the day, leaving the streets immaculate!) Saw a bergie's Pick 'n Pay trolley double-deckered with neatly tied bundles of treasure - and instead of it being the eyesore so many South Africans despise with such absent compassion, I let my linger on the sight of Africa. Of my South Africa. As I always say (ad nauseum) : "What is healing but a change in perspective?" So next time something pees you off about our country, do a 'bollemakiesie' and discover the childlike joy of seeing everything upside down!
(A queue of only one more person, so better finish off here, tik-tik-tikking away on my Blackberry which is letting me blog again at last!) Want to tell you next time about: the irony of our UK-born children's Golden Ticket of the apparently divine, worshipped and much coveted British Passport. And my next blogging opportunity after that? My sister's Bantry Bay burgalry!
Ciao, mense - later praat, ne? X
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments: