Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Balls to the Wall: FIFA 2010

The last week has been what some might call 'insane'. Layla's molars are pushing through her tender little gums, making for a desperately miserable little bub who just wants to be either in her mama's arms, on her lap or no less than a strict 1-metre radius away. Hence why there has been zilch writing on my part.

As I type, she sits behind me on the floor, unpacking the box of Craig's heavy collection of Stephen King books we're going to ship home - each book preciously hunted down at many consecutive car boot sales last summer. Anyway, that's besides the point. What I've been wanting to write about is the FIFA World Cup - of which yesterday marked the 100-day count-down. It feels like just yesterday when I drove to Cape Town International to pick Craig up when he was still so ardently trying to woo me into the holy state of matrimony, and flying down from PE every other month - and seeing the giant digital countdown below the advert for FIFA 2010 with 600-and-something days to still go! And now, only 99... And it's not just on our South African minds - the whole world is watching, even the sweet old man who helped me put petrol in yesterday in the village of Brixworth!

Putting petrol in has got to be one of the things I am simply going to ADORE leaving behind me when we come home in July! I have no idea why, but I find it quite a humiliating experience - and ---------- eish!! I think I'm going to have to finish this when Layla has all her gnashers above the gumline. Give me a few days (hold thumbs!) and I'll be back with a vengeance ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lees,
no offence - but you I think you need to take your time and finish a blog rather than give us little snippets and expect us a wait for the rest. We can wait and wont run away - rather wait and have an orgasm than build us up and then take it away :) lol!
p.s) About the world cup - mom says that its FIFA who are ruining things. They are making people pay them a premium for everything such as hotels, food, car rentals etc.. they are owed a large cut of the profits during the world cup - this is why prices have been hiked up considerably and as a result not as many tickets have been sold.