Monday, November 16, 2009

Ras, rugby and reefer...

Gosh. It's been awhile, hey? I can't actually remember the last time I sat down to write on my blog. There've been a few rushed scribblings inbetween steaming vegetables for purees, changing nappies, kissing tears away, playing on the floor pretending to be a rabbit with Layla's pink stockings on my head and shaking my 'ears' about just to hear the most INCREDIBLE laugh you have EVER heard! I know that on the first morning she goes to school, I will sit down with a quiet cup of lonely tea and wish that I hadn't wished for more me-time...
Not being a fan of any sort of sport, I do manage to get excited enough about the Bokke to watch their odd game. Especially while languishing in this chilly, grey outpost, awaiting my self-imposed exile to end! (Yip - feeling pretty bleak at the moment with another English Christmas approaching.) But back to that fateful, or is it fatal, game between the Boks and France. I didn't watch the game - but instead watched Craig watch the game on the laptop - and from where I was sitting, it looked painful. Groans, anguished grunting and winces of humiliation said it all. Personally, and despite not having an ounce of rugby knowledge, I can DEFINITELY diagnose the cause of the demise: Ras Dumisani.
To quote my dear father: "What a shocking disgrace. He must've smoked a whole arm of boom before the performance. Idiot. Not one note in key and he didn’t know the words either. He should get a flogging for that." I'm not too sure it is Ras's fault. I mean, did he even know he was there? He looked to me like he was flying very high, somewhere very far away. So can he truly be blamed for this atrocity? I blame the poephol who hired him! Whatever HE was smoking must be a thousand times stronger than ol' Ras Dumisani's brand of boom. A little French schoolboy would have done Schalkie a lot more patriotically proud than this 'goefed', has-been, ex-pat Rasta. All I've heard is it was the South African Embassy in France who hired the oke. He should've hired him some bodyguards at the same time - Schalk's face at the said: "Ek gaan jou blerry bliksem, jou &%(**&^%&^%&%&^$$$@*(*)(!!!!!"
Time to go - again. But please be sure to leave your comments about Ras, rugby and reefer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Painful to watch that again. Someone said it was perhaps a bad idea that the Boks went onFriday the 13th to lose (Toulouse)

567 had this lunatic on air this morning. He has apologized blaming the sound system. He was invited to sing the Afr section of the anthem again without backing and it was hilarious. He is full on tone deaf. I can hear what he tried to do…. He tried to sing a harmony line, but when you are stoned and you don’t know the words, things can (and did) go badly pear shaped...

iXopo said...

Ha! previous comment speaking from experience I'll assume. I saw the Rasta blurting it out on you tube after all the saffers complained about the dude... shame mustav beengood shit bru