Thursday, January 8, 2009

Did I kill my blog?

Did I kill my blog?

With working, I got so completely out of the swing of writing, that getting back into it feels quite overwhelming, as if I've forgotten how to write. For me, writing is a daily habit, which once immersed in, is like breathing - second-nature, essential! But, throw in a double skewball (like working fulltime when exhaustingly pregnant) and writing becomes only a mere memory, a distant longing. And now with baby Layla Rose on the way, I can only imagine how my writing will be affected... But I've tried to make a sort of promise to myself: that I won't lose my self in the role of motherhood - that the one thing I will cling to tenaciously will be my daily writing. Even if all I can manage is my long-hand journal writing... (Or is this all just wishful thinking?)

This is all for today. I'll write again tomorrow - and hopefully with more VOOMA!



PS. This is Layla at her 28 week scan but measuring like that of a 30 week old!!! Is she waving frantically to get out - or am I already beginning to project my own thoughts onto my daughter? Heh heh...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she`s saying ~there`s not much more space left!` and is pushing on the sides ....please don`t stop writing !!!

Andrea said...

what a lovely scan image, def one to treasure....you will find the time to write even if it is, as with myself, in the late hours of a night while you wait for Layla to wake for another feed....give yourself time and you will find space for both of you.

xxx
A

Anonymous said...

this is such a special shot - wow - very lucky to have such a unique scan ...

Wenchy said...

That is such a gorgeous picture

Lisa said...

Thanks, Wenchy :) We had a really sweet and sympathetic Lebanese gynae that day -- he and his wife are also expecting their first baby! He also double-checked the sex of our bub: something the ladies in the ultrasound department of the NHS get quite stroppy about!! Dr Hassan said: "Look, she's waving at you!"